Sometimes after a long day, I just want a dinner that’s healthy, easy to make (and doesn’t leave me with a big pile of dishes to do). And this coconut curry with shrimp is exactly that! It can be made in one pot, takes less than 30 minutes, and is just as tasty as it is healthy. I’ll let Zach take it from here and share his recipe with all of you!
One of my favorites things about this recipe is how easy it is to customize. I kept it simple with bok choy as my vegetable, but feel free to add some carrot, broccoli, or snap peas. If you’ve vegetarian or vegan you can easily switch the shrimp out for tofu or some oyster mushrooms. Once you make the base, you can have fun with it! It’s also just as easy to make a big batch as it is to make a small one, so it’s perfect to double up for families or small dinner parties.
1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
1 tbsp chopped lemongrass (or 1/2 tbsp powdered)
1 Thai chili, diced small
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup mango, peeled and diced
2 small heads of bok choy, trimmed and washed
1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups of cooked white rice
- In a large sauté pan mix coconut milk, lemongrass, thai chili, turmeric, and mango. Simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and bok choy. Simmer for another 4-6 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through and bok choy is wilted.
- Serve on top of white rice.
- If you’re trying to go low carb this would be great on top of some cauliflower rice or a bed of shaved cabbage.
- Enjoy! Like I said, this recipe is quick and easy!
Wow that is brilliant! What a great go to. Thanks for all the tips on the swap outs too and I can think of all sorts of possibilities . I can see this becoming a favourite. So quick and easy. We love all your recipes. ❤️XX
Thanks for reading love. Enjoy! xx -B